Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fall in Northern Arizona

I'm thrilled with how my Multnomah Shawl came out. This is one of those patterns that I just saw and just HAD to make. I found the perfect yarn for it on Etsy one day, from a wonderful shop Markkas - this yarn was dyed beautifully, and I could not be happier with the colorway for this shawl. Beautiful browns and greens so remind me of Northern AZ in the fall.

You see, Northern Arizona does have lots of trees. Really! I know, it's hard to believe, because Arizona is associated with heat and dirt and sand and cactus and, well, you get the picture. But Northern Arizona is gorgeous. If you have not been to the Grand Canyon, I highly recommend you see it. And you will also see the beautiful "high" country in Arizona as well. Someday I will share some of my favorite places to go up north with you.

But for now, may I present my Multnomah Shawl (first before blocking) I am always amazed to see how blobbish lace projects look before blocking.



And while blocking:

Isn't it a beauty? Not to toot my own horn, but really, I love it. Many thanks to the fabulous Kate Flagg for creating this wonderful pattern and sharing it with us!
If you'd like to see more about Kate, she blogs at HelloKnitty.net
Be back with modeled pictures of this pretty shawl very soon!

2 comments: